Search This Blog

Wednesday, 13 March 2019

E-Portfolio: Waipara Writing

Describe It - Camp Experiences
Level 3
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing undersLearning Objectives:
  • tanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.


Level 4.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.


Learning goals:
  • To ‘Show, Don’t Tell’ the reader by painting a picture with words.
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback

As I got hoisted up I could already feel the adrenaline curse through my veins  as the instructor said Brodie wants to go running to level 3!!. I got yanked up as fast as a rat. I held onto the straps around my neck as the runners gave me a count down 321. I feel a slight yank on my back.


Swoosh... the swing is really tight around my neck. My body was telling me to scream but nothing would come out. The chances of going into shock were rising. As the swing stops the relief of my feet crunching onto the leaves. My body was in shock for the rest of the day.

Student reflection:

In my writing one of my goals is: support main ideas with details that fit.
I did/ did not show my goal because: I didn't put good enough detail in to it.

In my writing my goal is: spell most multi syllable words correctly.
I did/ did not show this goal because:  I did show this goal because I spelt adrenaline
correctly.

My next step is: to support main ideas with details that fit

Teacher Comment:
Brodie, I like the way that you have pictured yourself in the moment and used interesting
vocab that attracts the reader. You have created a realistic picture in my mind. Well done!
Your next step is to support your main idea with details that fit. Miss Hurley.





No comments:

Post a Comment